The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

SessionSaver: Walking the project's path.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Others
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Roan Picowolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004    Post subject: SessionSaver: Walking the project's path. Reply with quote

I couldn't think of anything better for a bug/issues related thread <cheery>. Besides, I thought this looked better than simply "SessionSaver: Bugs and stuff." but of course the mods can always mislead it if it's too obfuscated and confusing. I'm not entirely sure whether "obfuscated" is a real word, either. But I've seen it used by respectable literature and that's good enough for me.

Okay, I have a bit of a problem and this is probably down to my own lack of intelligence but... using the original SessionSaver .2d (the first one you rewrote Rue, the one with Store Session and Restore Session in the File Menu) seems to work in a way I can't get the latest nightly to. Now in the older version there's an option called 'Automatically Store Session at Shutdown'. I like to turn this off because of the 'catch bugs' other people have seen. I find that I can workaround those bugs by simply not having SessionSaver save when I shutdown or crash. Instead every time there's an important change to my browserstate I capture the session and then I'll restore it later (or I'll let the browser auto-restore on startup).

Now with the latest nightly I can't seem to find that option. I know about the hidden options with shift and all but no matter what I check or uncheck, SessionSaver always saves at shutdown without fail. Is there anyway to tell the latest SessionSaver to not save? Is this a bug I've discovered or am I really just being not very bright and missing something? I'd really prefer it not to save but I would like to be on the bleeding edge of releases. But this is a function I've found I need. Is it there, still?

Thanks for your time anyway and thanks for a great plugin Rue. One which I've pimped heartily at both my journal and at the comments page of ExtensionRoom, it deserves it. ^.^
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roan:
Which build are you running? (pref-pane)
n23 was posted silently in anticipation of n24 (which ended up needing more work). I recall fixing "ignores shutdown-save pref" somewhere in there.
Roan Picowolf

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, I tried quite a few builds but because I'm smart, I kept my Jarfile of the build that works so it's not a big deal. I can always backup my prefs.js and try it again, certainly! I don't mind doing this at all. So I'll try the build that's currently up and get back to you on whether that works, I just wasn't aware whether this was documented or not. Thanks for the reply.

<heads off back to Mozillazine to poke the latest nightly>

-Edit-

I can't seem to find 24 or did you mean you hadn't released it yet? It appears it was n23 I tried, indeed. I just downloaded from MozillaZine again and it stated 23, so I simply restored m'old backup again.

I checked the Extension Room site, that only had n21.

So er... which should I use?
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Others All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: