The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Unable to view multimedia on NY Times with AdBlock active

View previous topic :: View next topic  
strecker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005    Post subject: Unable to view multimedia on NY Times with AdBlock active Reply with quote

When I disable AdBlock (5.2.056), multimedia on the NY Times web site works perfectly. With AdBlock active, it does not work at all. The page appears to be loading but nothing ever plays. This is true on my wife's Mac and on my XP box. I am using Firefox 1.5 on both. It was also true with Firefox 1.07.

I can use IE View to switch to IE on the PC to view multimedia and my wife can see multimedia beautifully in Safari. I don't want to give up AdBlock but this may cause me to do it.
strecker

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005    Post subject: Solution found to multimedia problem on NY Times Reply with quote

I just found that setting AdBlock to HIDE instead of BLOCK solved my multimedia problem on the NYTimes web site.
Drahken

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

1) Obj-tabs often interfere with embedded media, java, flash, and other things. Turning them off will clear up many problems.
2) While on the page in question, click the adblock icon in the bottom right corenr to bring up a lit of blocked/blockable items on that page. Look through that list to see what is blocking the media, then remove that entry from your adblock list.
clw

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

turning off the obj-tabs also fixes the problem with the music players on myspace not coming on. thanks.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Drahken wrote:
1) Obj-tabs often interfere with embedded media, java, flash, and other things. Turning them off will clear up many problems.

Obj-tabs are off.
Drahken wrote:
2) While on the page in question, click the adblock icon in the bottom right corenr to bring up a lit of blocked/blockable items on that page. Look through that list to see what is blocking the media, then remove that entry from your adblock list.

Only four blockable items are listed, and NONE of them is blocked. Hmmm....
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: