The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

cannot block ??

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005    Post subject: cannot block ?? Reply with quote

the newly updated adblock increased more options in the right click menu.
This includes
-Adblock image
-Adblock embed
-Adblock object
-Adblock iFrame
-Adblock remove Map

I have no idea why, now when i click on any of them, it doesn't popup a small window for me to specify the variables for blocking anymore. Just no effect at all. But somehow, certain images only show 'Adblock image', and this works when i click on them.

Any idea what is the problem? Also adding so many things to the menu increases the length of the list in the right click menu, sometimes it goes outside of my window. maybe a subfolder to group all these? of just an Adblock button, and specify the options above in a popup window??
G

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is no "newly updated Adblock"; you're using an unsupported build.

how could that be unsupported?? it autoupdated itself.

it's v.5 d2 nightly 39

Here are three different screencapture. I refreshed the page three times, each time i get different result. But all of them, the Adblock link show no response when clicked.

kstahl
Support

I wonder if you installed a modified build from the the Extensionsmirror site, and then it was automatically updated to the latest official version. I guess that could happen if those creating the modified builds kept the unique ID from the official version. Anyway, that is the latest version, but it is over a year old. So it's not new.

You are saying the all those items were added to the context menu. Are they always there, or only sometimes? If they are all shown, that is a bug. Only the option relevant to the object you are right-clicking on should be shown. ("Adblock Image" when right-clicking an image, etc).

Try uninstalling Adblock, then going to the homepage and download it again.
http://adblock.mozdev.org/dev.html

Download the XPI file to your computer and install it by dragging it onto an open browser window.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: