The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feature Idea: Turn Statusbar textcolor Red when adblocked.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrFloyd5

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005    Post subject: Feature Idea: Turn Statusbar textcolor Red when adblocked. Reply with quote

Hi all,
When adblock blocks something, the "AdBlock" in the status bar should turn red to let us know its working. Smile

And maybe Ctrl-Shift-B could imply Ctrl-R as well.

-DF5
kstahl
Support

PostPosted: Sat Apr 23, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should not need such a visual indicator. The absence of ads should be proof enough. Smile

You can always see if something is blocked by clicking on the Adblock link on the statusbar and looking for red items in the list.
DrFloyd5

PostPosted: Sun Apr 24, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is not the blocked add I am interested in. It is my poorly crafted filter blocking wanted content. Wink

When presented with a site that "doesn't look quite right". I know you can actually take the time to click the status bar, and then scroll through the list looking for something that is red to denote that something was blocked. Then close the list, push, CTRL-SHIFT-B to turn AdBlock off, and then Ctrl-R to reload the page just to check if "the not quite right" thing was site navigation or something, then push CTRL-SHIFT-B again. (and then possibly Ctrl-R again).

I thought it would save some steps if I could just glance at the status bar and push Ctrl-Shift-B and then glance at the page, and then Cltr-Shift-B again.

OR, perhaps Ctrl-Shift-R could do a one time reload with adblock turned off. IOW: SHow Blocked Content via reload.

Smile

-DF5
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: