The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feature Request: Sync to disk|FTP|HTTP|DAV

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adamk

PostPosted: Fri Feb 11, 2005    Post subject: Feature Request: Sync to disk|FTP|HTTP|DAV Reply with quote

AdBlock current supports Import/Export from a file.

I'd advise everyone (including developers) to install and take a look at the "Bookmark Synchroniser" Firefox Extension.

https://addons.update.mozilla.org/extensions/moreinfo.php?application=firefox&version=1.0&os=Windows&id=14

This is EXACTLY how import/export/sync should work. It has already implemended sync to/from FTP, HTTP, HTTPS, etc.

Anyone that can set of a FTP account or DAV account can do simple bookmark synchronisation.

The same should be done for AdBlock. It would appear that all the code to do all this has already been written for us, and we can just copy it in.

This would hopefully resolve all of the feature requests for improved import/export type functionality.

How about it guys?
plawer

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like to see this feature too.

And I'm also a user of the Bookmark Sync plugin, because it's very smart when you have more than one computer.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'd like to have this feature too. I use Firefox with several computers at home and at office and it's frustrating to download, import, export and upload the AdBlock data manually from/to my home WebDAV server.
skippy

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2005    Post subject: Another vote for this feature. Reply with quote

Yes, yes, yes, please!

Both adblock and bookmark sync are my favorite plugins, and I would love to have adblock use the bookmark sync code to replicate adblock's filters across all my systems.

I would also like to be able to make changes to the file on the server; right now I have a cronjob that updates my filterset and the Filterset-G, and merges them into a filename. (That is, specifically, I want to uncheck the "upload on exit" checkbox, and check the "download on start" checkbox).

Also, many thanks to the adblock coders, and the other filterset maintainers! Great work!
mcm_ham

PostPosted: Thu Feb 24, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

This would also more easily allow people to provide public fitler lists like Filterset.G that others could sync with. Was the very feature request I was going to ask for in a new post.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 28, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah!

I am currently using Bookmarks Synchronizer with WebDAV at home, office and school and it works like a charm. But with Adblock I have to either keep separate lists or export/import them. I wish there were built-in synchronizing for Adblock, too.

Thank you for the otherwise excellent plugin!
Metoo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005    Post subject: adblock + webdav sync = awesome Reply with quote

I came to this forum with the intent of adding a post to make this exact suggestion. I'm glad I didn't have to.

I would *really* like this feature. Life is a little bit better since I installed Bookmark Sync, and would be even sweeter if I could sync my block list between browsers.
Lumiere

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2005    Post subject: SSH/SCP Reply with quote

it'd be really nice if we could sync by rsync or ssh (maybe just a program call)

sync bookmarks to external: (start text-entry) scp $bookmarks_file server:public_html
sync bookmarks from external (start text-entry) scp server:public_html/$bookmarks_file .

or some such like that (allows people who don't want to do ftp to do things)
sixdress

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005    Post subject: uploading Reply with quote

Quote:
I came to this forum with the intent of adding a post to make this exact suggestion. I'm glad I didn't have to.

exactly the same thig Smile

please oh please
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: