The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Header image conundrum

View previous topic :: View next topic  
twoflush

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005    Post subject: Header image conundrum Reply with quote

Hi.

I like this plugin. However, I just found out that it blocks the header gif on one of my sites.

At first I thought it must be clashing with an entry on a giant filter list I got from a friend, but it continued to block it when I'd deleted all of the filters.

I then uninstalled the plugin, and it showed once again. Reinstall: header disappears!

With an experiment, I found that using the image as a hyperlink allowed it to show up with adblock on.

My AdBlock prefs show I'm using 0.5 Nightly * build 39. I'm also running FF 1.0.2 under Win2KSP4. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? Is this a bug with AdBlock, or could there be some residue from the filter list I was using when I first installed it?
wonkothesane
The Other Developer

PostPosted: Tue Apr 05, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. This bug appears in 0.6 too, even when Adblock is "disabled" (e.g. from the Prefs window, rather than the EM).

It certainly sounds like an Adblock bug.
No time tonight, but I'll look into this ASAP.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
twoflush

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool, thanks.
wonkothesane
The Other Developer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I narrowed it down to one line of code. We're setting an attribute on the node, and for some reason that's causing it to disappear. To be clear: setting an attribute on a node should NOT be making it vanish.

We should probably punt this one off to the Mozilla folk as a Gecko/DOM/layout bug.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for looking into it.
twoflush

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to be fixed with FF 1.0.3 Smile
kstahl
Support

PostPosted: Fri Apr 22, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Interesting. So it was probably an obscure rendering bug in Firefox that Adblock just happened to expose.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: