The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adblock 0.5 d2 nightly 39 and Firefox 1.02

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mark Spruce

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005    Post subject: Adblock 0.5 d2 nightly 39 and Firefox 1.02 Reply with quote

I have just upgraded to the latest firefox build 1.02. And now Adblock is not working.

Just wondering if anyone else is having the same problem.

Is there a way around it, if not I am going back to 1.01.

sorry to bother you all

Mark

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just did a fresh install of 1.0.2 and it won't let me install Adblock as being incompatible. Shock
G

I had no problem upgrading on XP Pro.

Hi,

Do not do a fresh install.

Re install 1.01 and then install your ad in's and install 1.02 over the top of 1.01 and it works.

I have just tried it.

Mark

Anonymous wrote:
I just did a fresh install of 1.0.2 and it won't let me install Adblock as being incompatible. Shock
Ken Cooper

I had no problem upgrading on XP Home, nor did my wife on her computer, or any of the computers at work running windows 2K. I did clean installs on some and overwrote on others.
s33m33

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

no problems here in winXP Pro SP2

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2005    Post subject: Re: Adblock 0.5 d2 nightly 39 and Firefox 1.02 Reply with quote

Mark Spruce wrote:
I have just upgraded to the latest firefox build 1.02. And now Adblock is not working.
Mark

only adblock or all extensions ?
deactivate adblock by hand, restart ff and reactivate adblock. restart ff again.
that helps me

PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had the same problem, with Linux Fedora Core 3. After I upgraded to Firefox 1.0.2, Adblock was disabled as incompatible and wouldn't upgrade. I had to uninstall and reinstall Adblock to get it to work again.

This is the second time this has happened to me - I had the same problem when I upgraded from 1.0 to 1.0.1.
yop83

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just uninstalled Adblock,
restarted FF 1.0.2 and re-installed Adblock from the web site, and it worked.

I had the same problem with another extension ( ForecastFox ), hopefully I will be able to reinstall it in the same way...

--Yop83
kstahl
Support

PostPosted: Mon Mar 28, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of the Mozdev mirrors might not be working properly, which could be why only some users experience problems.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

you can always modify the install script to allow it... i did that when i installed firefox 1.0 because it was set to be usable only by firefox 0.9x, because there was no firefox 1.x when adblock was the last time updated
Argiope

PostPosted: Mon Apr 04, 2005    Post subject: modify the install script? Reply with quote

Do tell how?

I'm at my wits' end with this -I've tried all the above and still cannot install Adblock. I have it at home and it works a treat. But at work I have to endure ads!
dFx

PostPosted: Fri Apr 08, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I ran into a similar, yet fixable, problem when using Adblock with FF 1.0.2.

Adblock installs without issue for me, and it does actually work, but if I later disable it, FireFox will return the standard "incompatible" message in the extensions window and greys out the Enable option. If I then uninstall and reinstall Adblock and go through the process again, I run into the same problem. However, if I click on Update in the extensions window, the "incompatible" message disappears and the Enable option magically returns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: