The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adblock to solve Zone Alarm javascript problem?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ceedee

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005    Post subject: Adblock to solve Zone Alarm javascript problem? Reply with quote

I learned that Zone Alarm was putting this in my pages' head...generating 2 warnings and preventing the html from validating:
<script language='javascript' src='http://127.0.0.1:1027/js.cgi?ca&r=11942'></script>

There was a very old post on another forum that suggested using Adblock to block that file. Can someone give me instructions for doing that?

I tried entering 'http://127.0.0.1:1027/js.cgi' into the filter list, but it hasn't made any difference. I know nothing about either javascript or the workings of Adblock, which doesn't help any!

tia!
Carol
kstahl
Support

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Carol,

If you add that line to Adblock's filter list you will prevent ZoneAlarm's JS script from loading (that's what Adblock do), but the code itself will not be removed from web pages.

I don't run ZoneAlarm myself, but I think it would be better to try to find out why ZoneAlarm adds that code to web pages and what it's supposed to do. Then you can probable turn it off in ZoneAlarm itself.
Ken Cooper

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005    Post subject: Re: Adblock to solve Zone Alarm javascript problem? Reply with quote

I run ZoneAlarm (because firewall layers are best) and I have not found this to occur. How can ZoneAlarm modify an HTML page? Could you imagine the damage that could be done if anyone could go around changing webpages.
kstahl
Support

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

ZoneAlarm probably installs itself as a local proxy, just like Proxomitron etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: