The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problem w/ Adblock (Developer Attention)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
tnorris

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004    Post subject: Problem w/ Adblock (Developer Attention) Reply with quote

This post is for the developers of adblock.

I love the extension, but it causes a very strange problem with Lotus Emeeting. I work for IBM, and therefore often have to use Lotus eMeeting. After alot of trial and error, I've tracked the problem back to adblock.

At the moment in order to get eMeeting to work I have to disable adblock completely from the Extension Manager. Even disabling it from the Adblock Options Dialog doesn't fix this problem. When emeeting trys to come up, it hangs and locks up firefox entirely. You can try it for yourself at:

http://www.ibm.com/team/emeetings

Sign up for an "IBM ID" to get access to login, then click on the test meeting link.

Note, it sometimes takes a few minutes for a new IBM ID to take effect.

To reproduce the problem:
1) Create a new firefox profile
2) Try the Test Meeting (It should work) (you may have to whitelist ibm.com for the popup blocker)
3) Install Adblock (0.5.2).
5) Try the meeting again (It shouldn't work this time).

At the moment I have a work around of disabling adblock from the extension manager, but this sucks because I have to restart Firefox every time for it to take effect.

Any help would be appreciated.
wonkothesane
The Other Developer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I'm not quite sure what constitutes working and what doesn't, but it doesn't seem to work for me either way -- the first time I try to open the meeting, it tries to install the Sametime Loader (though the linked EXE is a dead link), and the second time through, it just says that the server is not available.

1) Login
2) Click "Test Meeting" link
3a) Full screen popup appears saying "The Meeting Room must be installed for full functionality. _Try Again_ or _Skip Install_
3b) Original window goes to CollaborateNow page
4a) Click "Skip Install and Attend the Meeting"
5) Sametime-Loader plugin popup, then a Java popup saying that the Sametime Server is temporarily unavailable, please try again later.
6) Big yellow page saying "Sametime disconnected"
x) also a smaller popup saying "Click Grant if you receive any Java Security warnings or Sametime will not function properly."
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Aug 11, 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

tnorris:
..a smaller popup saying "Click Grant if you receive any Java Security warnings..
Sounds like our known java-issue. The "helpful threads" sticky links to the prior discussion.
The solution -- which seems to work -- is to install the latest beta of Java. We've linked it on our dev-page.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: