The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adblock stopped working in Mozilla 1.6 and 1.7

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Hartagold

PostPosted: Sun Mar 21, 2004    Post subject: Adblock stopped working in Mozilla 1.6 and 1.7 Reply with quote

Hello All,

First a really big thanks to the development team for a great add-on to Mozilla. A clean web is a good web Razz

Unfortunately, when I upgraded my Mozilla my browsing experience downgraded, as adblock seems to be having troubles. When I first downloaded 1.6 I noticed that images once blocked were now showing up. For better or worse 1.6 had trouble on my machine (rendering problems) so I went back to 1.5 -- and voila -- adblock worked great again. Now I have downloaded 1.7 -- it works great -- but sadly, adblock is not filtering images it once did. Actually, when I click on the "adblock" in the lower left screen it shows that **some** images are being filtered. But when I right click on an image and add it to the filter it doesn't disappear (like it used to) and some images I know are on my filter list are being shown. Is it possible that only a portion of the filter list is being recognized??

I am using build 35 of adblock, now mozilla 1.7, multizilla, mouse gestures and a few other extensions loaded (no new extensions for 1.7, I am using the same profile as 1.5). I am running a Windows 98 machine, if that makes any difference.

As always, any help would be most appreciated and if you need more information, give me a hollar on or off the list and I'll try to provide it.

Bill
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hartagold:
Load a page that you're sure should have blocked-items, but doesn't. Try and right-click : block an image. Then, open the script-console and post all relevant errors: Tools > Web Development > JavaScript Console.
Hartagold

PostPosted: Mon Mar 22, 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Did as you asked and the error message is:

Line 351 "Node has no properties"
chrome//adblock/content/component.js

Hope that helps!

Bill
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: