The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CuteMenus: Some Buttons May Not Show Up

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Others
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wolfey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004    Post subject: CuteMenus: Some Buttons May Not Show Up Reply with quote

After trying out CuteMenus 0.3.4, I noticed a few new settings it had compared to the last version I had (I tried it out in both my current profile and a clean one)...But I also noticed something else:

If the Back/Forward buttons are disabled at the moment, they don't show up, and will not show up until an entry in the right-click menu with its own submenu (such as This Frame, Go To, Linky, Web Developer...) is the active selection (nothing has to be clicked on - All that's needed is to get a submenu for one of them to show up).

Also, if the Back or Forward buttons were previously disabled, this will also enable them, regardless of whether or not they were disabled just the moment before, and they can be clicked on (although they won't take the user anywhere at the moment Razz).

If the Back and/or Forward buttons are already available, the icons for these buttons will show up properly without having to select anything. Other buttons may be affected as well (like Stop), but as they're rarely in a disabled (or in some cases, enabled) state, it's hard to tell.

Also, I have a suggestion that's somewhat related to this post: When the right-click menu items are currently disabled (usually for Forward and Stop), shouldn't they be using their respective disabled ("greyed-out") icon at that point in time? Since there are disabled versions of these icons already available in most themes, could they also be used in a future version of CuteMenus?

(EDIT: Speaking of buttons in CuteMenus...I've noticed the Bookmarks Manager, Bookmarks Sidebar, and History Sidebar don't have any CuteMenu icons in their right-click menus...Maybe a future version of CuteMenus could include icons for some of the selections in these menus as well?)
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wolfey:
When you say the back/forward buttons "don't show up", you mean the whole menuitem, or just the CM-icon? This is the first I've heard of this, making me suspect it's a nightly / recent-build issue. Try disabling the OfficeXP Skin -- any better?
And yea- it would be great to shunt the normal Nav-bar graphics into the popup. Unfortunately, themes aren't required to use any particular css-selectors when applying their graphics. There's also no requirements for where they store / retrieve the images from. Together, these make it impossible to reliably fool them into iconifying us, too.
Wolfey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 20, 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

rue wrote:
When you say the back/forward buttons "don't show up", you mean the whole menuitem, or just the CM-icon? This is the first I've heard of this, making me suspect it's a nightly / recent-build issue. Try disabling the OfficeXP Skin -- any better?

Just the icon - And disabling the OfficeXP skin has no effect Sad

...On further inspection (enabling/disabling extensions to see what happens), I've noticed that it seems to be an extension conflict, with This Window. If I've disabled that extension, then the CuteMenu entries for the back/forward buttons work properly.

rue wrote:
And yea- it would be great to shunt the normal Nav-bar graphics into the popup.

Uh...Is this referring to the Bookmark Manager/Sidebar menus, or something else? I'm confused as to what you're referring to here Confused
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Others All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: