The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Added Right Click Menu Functionality To Adblock

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mo.mashi

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006    Post subject: Added Right Click Menu Functionality To Adblock Reply with quote

Hi everyone, I posted this suggestion a few weeks ago, I haven't gotten any feed back, so I'm posting it again:

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi there,

Thank you for writing this great extension. It's made the internet a much more pleasant place and I know you probably did it as a labour of love. My suggestion is below:

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
SUGGESTION: ADD A RIGHT-CLICK MENU TO Adblock ITEM IN STATUS BAR with the following items:

(1) Turn Adblock On/Off
(2) Access the Preference
(3) Disable/Enable Adblocking for Current Website (Enable = default)
(4) List Blockable Items (I know you already have that, it's good).
(5) Overlay Flash

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I tend to do some bear-bone filtering but adblock still seems to interfere with the fuctioning on of some websites. It's a bit of a pain to always have to go to Tools/Adblock/Preference/Enable to turn on and off Adblock. It would be good to right click the Adblock item in the status bar and have a menu where you can:

It would be good if I can just tell adblock: "for this website I want you to be off always." It can maybe make a list of exception sites.... Check out the NoScript extension, if you want a better idea of what I mean.

That's my suggestions, thanks for listening.
Fadi
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Jan 11, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fadi:
Once you've tried them a few times, Adblock's key-shortcuts should be an extremely fast way to accomplish everything except the whitelisting.
Whitelisting was added in the latest build, as an easily-accessed option, via Tools > Adblock and 'List Adblock-able'. I didn't add key-shortcuts for it, because I'm warier of forcing things like that. Extensions like KeyConfig provide flexible means of adding shortcuts, so you can adjust to taste.
Lastly, I do understand how one can can build a tolerance + preference for status-element context menus. But, they still seem off. The idea that a widget -- whether an 'OK' button or status-element -- would be right-clickable just feels off. But, maybe something will change.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

is the word "adblock +" banned here? Can't say it adblock-pluz
Henrik
Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jan 12, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
is the word "adblock +" banned here? Can't say it adblock-pluz

It did actually seem that some over-eager admin had made word-censoring on the words "Adblock plus".

I apologize for this.

It is most definitely allowed to discuss and mention Adblock plus on this forum.
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alright, I changed my mind, and added a context-menu to the status-element. Enjoy.
dboy1612b1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 27, 2006    Post subject: wait a sec Reply with quote

wait a sec there is a thing that you r able to set that adblock turns off for certain sites? i mean like it dose it by its self?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: