The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feature Request: Change blocking element indication colour

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005    Post subject: Feature Request: Change blocking element indication colour Reply with quote

Just an idea: it would be nice if the element-to-be-blocked indication colour (currently a dark red) could be user configurable.

A nice acid green would make it really noticeable - unless of course, the site you want to block an ad from has a nice acid green background...
kstahl
Support

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

What does the site background have to do with the Adblock-able Items list?

Maybe the color of blocked items can be changed using userChrome.css, I don't know. Making it a user-configurable option in Adblock would certainly count as 'feature bloat' in my opinion.

kstahl wrote:
What does the site background have to do with the Adblock-able Items list?

It's not the list - it's the highlight colour of the element. Visit a site site with blockable elements, click your adblock item. Watch the site and scroll through the element list.

You'll see a red border flash around the element your cursor is on.

As for changing it in userChrome - maybe. I'll have to have a look. Be nice if it was in preferences though - could be a bit more dynamic.
kstahl
Support

Ah, now I understand what you mean. Yes, sometimes that dark red color is a bit hard to spot, I agree.
mcm_ham

Unfortunately the red flashing border is defined in javascript code and I don't think you can overwrite it with css. If you really want to change the colour then I can step you through where to look to find it in the code.

mcm_ham wrote:
If you really want to change the colour then I can step you through where to look to find it in the code.

Thanks for the offer - but that means my version will be different to that of any update that gets released - which also means more maintainance. Sad

Just wondering if something could be built in to the preferences - p'raps nick the colour browser from MozGest.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does this feature still work in the latest versions of Adblock and Firefox? When I click on an item in the "All blockable items" list, I don't see any highlighting box at all on the webpage.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: