The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Obj-Tabs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wilzdezign

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005    Post subject: Obj-Tabs Reply with quote

First.. AB rocks! I have told many friend and gave them my list to use.

My question is for the developers for possible releases. While I am developing pages with FLASH, many times the Obj-Tabs can get annoying. Is there a way for future releases to turn on/off the Obj-Tabs for certain domains? While I am working local server, I could then just have them not show there. Yet I still like having the Obj-Tabs for the Intrnet when those sites like to sneek iframes around.

thanks Laughing
kstahl
Support

PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, it's either on or off for all sites. If they bother you, turn them off from Adblock's options menu and use Flash Overlay (ctrl+shift+f) when you need to block Flash objects.

PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just asking if it is a possibility? I know I use other extensions that allows the functionality to exclude certain named domains. I know how to turn off FLASH objects with the Flash Overlay. It was a raised question with a few of my friends who we develop together, to turn of the little Tab (Obj-Tab) from a defined list.

thanks
kstahl
Support

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, I see. That's not a bad idea, could be very useful.
Org

PostPosted: Thu May 19, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't realise that anybody actually uses the Adblock obj-tabs. Here we are trying to fight distracting ads, why should we use distracting obj-tabs? Why not just turn them off completely for all domains? Blocking flash ads without obj-tabs is easy enough using the method kstahl adviced.
wilzdezign

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am not saying the Obj-Tabs are not distracting, as they are. I am saying when many sites throw in iframes and the obj-tab allow you to get rid of the iframe completly (thus pushing the text nice and compact without a open space for a previous ad). While I develop my own web work on a local network or specific domain, I can turn them off when I have multiple Flash objects next to each other, thus having overlaying obj-tabs. While I graze the open Internet, some sites have iframes or small flash files you will not notice so easily. So suggesting a whitelist to turn off obj-tabs would be useful.

thanks kstahl!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: