The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Site Contrast

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BillR

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004    Post subject: Site Contrast Reply with quote

Please increase the contrast between the text and background. Visitors should not need to adjust their monitor and use large text just to be able to read the FAQ somewhat comfortably. The same is true for the default choices in the forum.

The very first reference in DMOZ under computer accessibility has a number of good references to material on color perception that the designers & site admins may wish to review. They include a few interesting exercises that simulate color perception impairment among other problems. Some also offer suggestions for reasonable combinations. Blue-green(?) on grey is not one of them. In fact, cyan is specifically to be avoided as somewhere between a few percent and ten percent of your visitors will have a difficult time seeing it even against a white background.

Yes, I am aware that I can override certain preferences, but 99% of your visitors should not even need to contemplate doing this.

BTW, I am making this comment even though I happen to like working on off-white / light grey backgrounds or with light text on dark backgrounds.

Hint, highlighting the previous paragraph makes it easier to read.

I find the white text minutely harder to read than the cyan when I crank contrast and brightness too high. Lowering them back to more normal values makes the white text quite definitely easier to read than the cyan. Some of you probably have a different opinion / experience.

Thanks
pfp

PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2004    Post subject: Agreed. Reply with quote

Just to add to the noise: I agree totally.

I don't see any reason for that light gray tone. It's very annoying, difficult to read and well, ugly. One has to either adjust monitor settings or indulge in some other tweaks just to read a bunch of text.

For the love of god, and all that is holy, why?
blsnk

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree completely
bw

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004    Post subject: Visibility Reply with quote

Please don't use that stupid light gray text on your site!
Why make it harder to read than necessary? Mad
Ed

PostPosted: Mon Sep 20, 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I for one have no problem seeing text on this post, but maybe having the option of choosing different board styles would help. I have a friend with 2.0.6 and you can choose different styles under the profile settings.
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotmy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: