The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mozilla Crashes when you try to send whole page as email

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bjorn Stadil

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003    Post subject: Mozilla Crashes when you try to send whole page as email Reply with quote

Hi, First Thanks for Adblock love it.
As stated on prior message board the Mozilla browser crashes when you send a whole page as email. I am using Moz 1.5 on a Windows XP machine. Dual Celeron 500 mhz.
It does not happen with the non Dev versions.

I have been testing the 1.5 series for a few months thinking it was a problem in the development version and not related to Adblock. Only realized it had to do with Adblock when same problem happened in Firebird after I installed adblock.
It generates a crash report that I can email if you want.
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yea- the crash report might help. Send it to quill. (at ethereal, dot.) net.
Bjorn Stadil

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

rue wrote:
Yea- the crash report might help. Send it to quill. (at ethereal, dot.) net.

Done, Hope it is useful
Thanks
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 25, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can't reproduce this error, but I also don't regularly use mozilla mail. I have it installed now, and if you can answer a few questions, it might help:
1. When you say "send whole page", the expected behaviour is for the page-source to be an attachment, right?
2. Where does the crash occurr: before the mail window opens, after, or somewhere in-between?
3. This is reproduceable with a clean profile and nothing but Adblock installed?
Lastly, can anyone else confirm this? I'm not seeing it under moz1.3.1 (WaMCom).
Bjorn Stadil

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

rue wrote:

3. This is reproduceable with a clean profile and nothing but Adblock installed?Lastly, can anyone else confirm this? I'm not seeing it under moz1.3.1 (WaMCom).

I made a new profile as you suggested and the problem seems to have vanished. This is obviously nice but still puzzles me since I can repeat the crash in old profile with 100% hit-rate and I have moved over pretty much everything from old profile.
The olny difference is that the Mail stuff is now inside the windows Document folder where as before it was on two different partitions on different disks. That is the only difference I can think of but seems unlikely to have anything to do with crash.
Well, Thanks for your suggestion

Bjorn
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003    Post subject: Followup Reply with quote

Well, I'm glad it's solved.

In the interest of closure, have you tried copying over the xul cache? That's the most easily corrupted file.
Bjorn

PostPosted: Sun Oct 26, 2003    Post subject: Re: Followup Reply with quote

rue wrote:
Well, I'm glad it's solved.

In the interest of closure, have you tried copying over the xul cache? That's the most easily corrupted file.

Didn't help, Thanks for the suggestion though.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: