The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

tabbed browsing error

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003    Post subject: tabbed browsing error Reply with quote

It seems that when I open a link in a new tab, which opens in the background, sometimes adblock does not block the ads on that page. When I refresh the page though, adblock works. Is this a known bug?

Trey
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

The answer you're looking for is here.
sushi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003    Post subject: I can't get the answer Reply with quote

I am seeing the same problem. Adblock doesn't work with tabbed browsing. But the info in that link is only about deinstalling Adblock, so ?

sushi

rue wrote:
The answer you're looking for is here.
Sushi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003    Post subject: Re: I can't get the answer: AdBlock rules Reply with quote

By the way. Adblock is one of the finest and most useful pieces of software I 've ever seen. I just can't read my newspaper without it.
Many thanks to the Adblock team.
Razz
sushi

sushi wrote:
I am seeing the same problem. Adblock doesn't work with tabbed browsing. But the info in that link is only about deinstalling Adblock, so ?
Org

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blocking the background tabs didn't work in the older version (V0.3 and older, I think), but it does work in all V0.5-dev builds. (If you check the website you will notice that V0.5 is the only one available anymore.)

You can't install the version 0.5 without deinstalling older version first. V0.5 has its own deinstaller in the preferences, but the older versions require manual uninstallation. The link rue posted helps with that, thus helping you to start blocking the background tabs with V0.5.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: