The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Rightklick menu request

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ryde

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003    Post subject: Rightklick menu request Reply with quote

I have a request to modify the menu when rightclicking on an blockable object. Instead om showing the diffrent parts like "Adblock image", "Adblock iFrame", an so on, instead only show one entry "Adblock". Selecting this opens the "Add Adblock filter" window. But this window should show a list of possible blocker (iFrame, image location, (image link... please)) acompanied by an add button, and a close button:

This give a better overview of which entry that can be the best to block without the need to first select "block image", which might be unsatisfactory, and then then another select "block iframe"...
What do you think?
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your suggestion lies half-way between two already-existing solutions.
The first is the context-menu, which shows at-a-glance any blockable items you're pointing at.
The second is the "List All Blockable.." window, which shows all blockable elements for the page. It aggregates multiple-references, and flashes a border on selection-change.
Your suggestion sounds nice, but is really unnecessary.
Glenn

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like a very good idea, IMO...

The context menu, while nice, can sometimes be difficult to use, because I might not be able to tell which elements have to do with the ads I see on the page, and which are legitimate. (Since I can't scroll the page while I'm using the "List all blockable" function, I might not be able to see the flashing to indicate while element the selection corresponds to.)

For this very reason, I sometimes right-click on an image, look at the iFrame text and copy out the entire URL, cancel, then right-click again to set the image filter. Then, I go to Adblock preferences, paste the copied iFrame URL, and edit it for another filter.

Just my two cents.
rue
Developer

Glenn:
The latest nightly allows you to bring the browser forward while "List Adblock-able.." is still open.
Additionally, the flashing is a longer duration.
Update off the Dev. page.
ryde

PostPosted: Tue Nov 11, 2003    Post subject: Consistency Reply with quote

The following idea might be even better, both for consistency, and programming simplicity:

When you rightclick on an object and select adblock, open a window that is same as the "all blockable items" window, but only show the blockable items for that particular object.

Thoughts?
rue
Developer

ryde:
The code for "List Adblock-able, this item only" is already present.
But disabled.
It's completely unintuitive, and wont solve anything. The original request was for multiple-inputs, which actually would make sense in the current "List Adblock-able.."-pane.
The idea I'd tossed around before was a button for "More Entries", which would either reveal five more entry-areas -- similar to your capture above -- or append an additional entry-area, each time clicked. But, I repeat: this is only for the current "List Adblock-able.."-pane.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: