The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems with key bindings in Mozilla and Firebird

View previous topic :: View next topic  
danne

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003    Post subject: Problems with key bindings in Mozilla and Firebird Reply with quote

This is a similar problem as I wrote about earlier that I can't use Ctrl+Shift+F to open a search engine page in Mozilla 1.5.

I've discovered that I can't use Ctrl+Shift+click to open a link in a new active tab in Firebird 0.7. But Ctrl+click to open a link in a new tab in the background works.

And I've discovered that I can't use Ctrl+Shift+click to open a link in a new tab in the background in Mozilla 1.6a. But Ctrl+click to open a link in a new active tab works.

Your last offered solution will do just fine for me.

rue wrote:
Right now, Adblock removes any keybindings which conflict. I can add a pref to remove Adblock's instead...

I've found this problem in Mozilla 1.5 & 1.6a and Mozilla Firebird 0.7 in Microsoft Windows 2000 SP4 Swedish version when I've installed Adblock 0.5 d2 build9.

Daniel
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003    Post subject: Not the same. Reply with quote

That's not a keybinding -- it's Quickblock's mouse-event listener.
To disable Quickblock, type: ctrl+shift+k

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, thanks alot! Very Happy
danne

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

That solves the problem Very Happy
Org

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003    Post subject: Re: Not the same. Reply with quote

rue wrote:
That's not a keybinding -- it's Quickblock's mouse-event listener.
To disable Quickblock, type: ctrl+shift+k

Rue, I don't like the idea that I should be forced to disable Quickblock each and every time I want to do something like shift-click or ctrl-shift-click a link. As a matter of fact, I don't like the idea of disabling Quickblock at all, since it can sometimes be so useful.

Is there any chance you could consider rolling back the Quickblock functionality to what it was in the early 0.5-dev builds? I think it used to be much better. Shift-double-clicking an empty area and then shift-dragging Quickblock areas worked so well, I think.
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Org:
I haven't forgotten you. I'm considering a three-way toggle for Quickblock: Off, Lite, Aggressive. I prefer the new, Aggressive functionality, since that's the way it should have been all along. But, I do understand that some people don't.
In Lite Mode, the three-way toggle would set the status-underline to dashed; and single-clicks would not be trapped.
How does that sound?
Org

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

That sounds just about perfect. Thank you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: