The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Mozilla is asking for the master password 3 or 4 times...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
walkAbout

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003    Post subject: Mozilla is asking for the master password 3 or 4 times... Reply with quote

... when starting up, since adblock is installed (since v.0.5).
Probably nobody has discovered this until now, but I use a master password with Mozilla to protect sensitive data. Usually Mozilla did only ask me one time for this password, when I opened mail, cause I saved my pop3 passwords. Since the last dev. snaps I will be asked, guess for every Mozilla app that comes up. Here I start Navigator, Messenger and Calendar. Had 3 "enter master pw" dialogs today. But on a second and third PC I open only Navigator and Messenger and have to type the password even 3 or 4 times.
Somebody else discovered this or can confirm it?

CU
walkAbout
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you upgrade from v.4 to v.5 ?- you specified "since", making it sound like you might have.
If so, you might have missed something; and I direct your attention here.
If not, I'll need more details (platform, browser/build, extensions, etc.), and someone to confirm this.
walkAbout

PostPosted: Tue Nov 04, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, I didn't upgrade. I uninstalled v0.4 and removed the lines in userContent.css manually, but didn't remove overlayinfo and chrome.rdf.
Today I uninstalled v0.5 and did the uninstallation like described in your posted link. Same behavior. Then I uninstalled v0.5 again and "cleaned" Mozilla and noticed, that this error still occurs. So I guess it is another addon...

FYI: Mozilla nightly 2003102204 on Win2k, with the following addons:
adblock, calendar, home-button, mnenhy, messageidfinder, mngsupport, moztweak, policymanager, popupalt, prefbar, tabextensions, urnsupport

My guess is that this is then caused by tabextensions, cause there are a lot of new changes...

CU
walkAbout
walkAbout

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the tabextensions Ver.1.9.2003102401 causing this problem. I uninstalled this addon and the problem went away. Installed the version from 20031018 and the problem is still gone.
I'm sorry, but at the same time ver. 0.5 of adblock appeared and until now I never had probs with tabextensions.

Sorry again, rue and all the other developers.

CU
walkAbout
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: