The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Change the adblock tab on flash

View previous topic :: View next topic  
viking

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003    Post subject: Change the adblock tab on flash Reply with quote

I'm running the development build of adblock right now (.5d1), and I was wondering if it might be a better idea if the adblock tab for flash objects only appeared after a few seconds delay on mouseover. My reason for this is that I have had several legitimate flash movies on webpages that have the tab stuck to the top of them and the tab ends up blocking some text on the page.

I think if this tab could only show up on mouseover events it might be more useful than having it always in place on the page. It might be considered by some to be an unwanted rendering problem (I don't see it that way, but someone might). Is this at all possible?
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depending on how many days ago you installed, you might not have tab-translucency. But, if you installed Adblock today, you'll note the background shows through.

It would be easy to reduce tab-transparency until the mouse rolled over it. But, only the tab would respond to mouse-overs. Mozilla doesn't trap for mouse-movement in embedded regions.

Having such a small area, barely visible, as the only way to activate itself seems useless. I've considered a shortcut to hide tabs, but there's already a shortcut to disable adblock entirely -- which accomplishes the same thing.

My advice: get used to the shortcut-keys; they're your friend.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would like a way to get ride of the little tab on flash objects altogether. If I want to block Flash, I'll hit Ctrl-Shift-F for the overlay (my friend, the shortcut key) and then block it.

There are many pages with both good and bad Flash; I don't want a little "Adblock" tab on all the good Flash.
kstahl
Support

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go to the Adblock options menu and uncheck 'Obj-Tabs'.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: