The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Removing single entries from list

View previous topic :: View next topic  
attinella

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003    Post subject: Removing single entries from list Reply with quote

First of all nice job with design. I have used several add blockers in the past and I like the design direction this one has taken. It appears similar to AdShield (which I like), however, Adshield works only on OE.

How do I remove a single entry from the list? Quickly removing single entries is desirable since it is easy to get a little too agressive on the wildcarding. I tried Tools->AdBlock->preferences and saw the list, but I could not figure out any sequence of actions that would remove one item from the list. I suppose I could export, clear list, edit the export file, and import. Is there an easier way that I don't see or is this something in the works.
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Oct 28, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

The About page describes how to manipulate entries, but to save you time:

return :: activate inline-edit
esc :: deactivate edit
delete :: remove filter
attinella

That is what I tried, however, it does not appear to work. When I double-click or hit enter, I get put in an input mode, however, if I delete an entry, just the text goes away (the blank line remains), and as soon as I hit Done, the text that I tried to delete re-appears again. I've tried delete, backspace, double clicking, etc. and whatever I try, the line reappears. I am using the V0.5 d2 Nightly.
attinella

Actually, after playing around some more, I see that I can delete the LAST entry in the list, but that is the only entry that I can delete. I can type other data over entries in the middle of the list, however, I cannot remove entries from the middle of the list.
rue
Developer

How odd. Can you describe your setup?- platform, browser / build, other extensions, etc..
Also, just to be absolutely sure, if you open the prefs, single-click in the middle of the list, and press 'delete', the selected entry remains?
attinella

Ah, now I feel dumb! User error. I was double-clicking (also tried Enter Key), thinking that I first had to be in an "edit" type mode to make changes to the list. I was trying to make it more complicated than it really was. Thanks for being patient with my questions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: