The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How do i block websites? (im a nub)

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sterytyper

PostPosted: Sat Aug 12, 2006    Post subject: How do i block websites? (im a nub) Reply with quote

Hey guys, well i got adblocker. and i am pretty confused on how to really block websites. i want to restrict myspace.com but i have no idea how to. i tried to whitelist it and it still lets me log in, etc. how to i block the site completely? and also is there a way to take off the watermark on my firefox window at the bottom right corner? thx guys!
Mr.Light

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

beats me I want to know the same thing. Surprised
budgie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

what are you trying to do exactly??

OTHER people use your computer, and you don't want them to have access to myspace?

what's their level of computer understanding?

- BTW: "Whitelisting" generally, is the OPPOSITE of what you want to do in a situation like this. i just got the FF adblocker myself, i'm still learning it. but to WHITELIST is to allow, or "OKAY" something-- and you want to do the opposite of that. (maybe you meant to say Blacklist, i dunno)

- you might try blocking these:
myspace.com
www.myspace.com
myspace.com/*
etc.

the software's designed for blocking ADS though... there may be a better way to block an entire domain...
Mr.Light

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

budgie wrote:
what are you trying to do exactly??

OTHER people use your computer, and you don't want them to have access to myspace?

what's their level of computer understanding?

- BTW: "Whitelisting" generally, is the OPPOSITE of what you want to do in a situation like this. i just got the FF adblocker myself, i'm still learning it. but to WHITELIST is to allow, or "OKAY" something-- and you want to do the opposite of that. (maybe you meant to say Blacklist, i dunno)

- you might try blocking these:
myspace.com
www.myspace.com
myspace.com/*
etc.

the software's designed for blocking ADS though... there may be a better way to block an entire domain...
how would that be? the whole blocking a domain thing.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: