The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

whitelist with wildcards?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Grendel

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006    Post subject: whitelist with wildcards? Reply with quote

Hi,
let's say I want to block the ads on one site but have one subsection of it unaffected, I'd need the ability to whitelist a page with a wildcard. Look at

http://www.spiegel.de (big German news magazine)

Their videosection is located at

http://www.spiegel.de/videoplayer

Adblock won't let me see the videos as long as I don't whitelist every single videopage I'd like to see... so, whitelisting urls with wildcards would be great (over the bottom right adblock button).

Second thing is... adblock blocks the header image at blakeross.com ... but I suppose I should find a page that offers finetuned adblock rules by myself (I have the filtersetG extension, but that doesn't seem to be enough)...?
ciao

Grendel
IceDogg

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here is the place to post false positives for filtersetG. He's sometimes slow to respond (has a life I guess Wink ) but he does get to it. I think there is a way to whitelist like that in Adblock Plus but off hand I can't remember exactly how. Also you could just toggle adblock (plus) off on that one page then turn it right back on when you leave.

Edit: sorry forgot to tell you how to toggle adblock on and off. Hit shift+ctrl+b to toggle adblock on and off.
Org

You should check which filter is causing the false positives and fix that. I don't use Filterset.G, so I can't check if it's there, but my wild guess is that it's one of your own additions. If your filterlist is ok, the Spiegel site works perfectly. I had no ads and all videos were viewable.

Blakeross banner URL is http://www.blakeross.com/wp-images/blakeross_banner.gif

You must have a filter that blocks "*_banner*" or even worse "*banner*". I wouldn't use a general filter like that, false positives are certain if you do.
IceDogg

In Rick's Easylist filterset there is a filter */banners/* and it works pretty good and I haven't seen any false positives yet.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: