The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Can QuickBlock be turned off or lmited?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wls

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006    Post subject: Can QuickBlock be turned off or lmited? Reply with quote

I've just spent the last three hours tracking down a problem which brought me to QuickBlock - - and that is that the really cool, but not well advertised, feature of Shift-Double-Clicking makes elements of HTML invisible.

The purpuse of QuickBlock is to allow the user to visibly remove content from the screen. Sweet. I like that. But while this is great for viewing pages, it can accidently get in the way when trying to interacte with a page.

Specifically, I can't count the number of times I've been typing a long letter in GMail or making a post in WordPress and accidently shift-double clicked when I meant to shift-click to select text. The result is that input control's text goes invisible, and you can't get it back.

This happens ALL the time to me, and from what I read on the web, to others. The FireFox team has had to waste time chasing this down as well on more than one occasion. [bugzilla] BUG 307612 and 317687 are showing users on all platforms getting bitten.

QuickBlock should have three modes:
1) Enabled
2) Partially enable, work for static content but not for input boxes
3) Disabled

Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to even just disable and keep AdBlock around. Reading in the forums, it seems some users are making special builds of AdBlock. That's just silly it has to come to that.

Maybe I've missed something, but I don't see it as a option under Adblock's preferences. I'd be happy if someone can show how.

If the capability isn't there, who do we beg or even bribe that has the knowledge to provide this minor, but well welcomed feature?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
Org

PostPosted: Tue Apr 25, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ctrl-Shift-K will cycle the quickblock modes full, partial and disabled. The current mode is shown by the type of underline under the word Adblock in statusbar. The selected mode is saved to your profile and thus remembered between sessions.

Simple page refresh is enough to bring back the quickblocked elements.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: