The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AdBlock+ needs TB support

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Will L Pittenger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006    Post subject: AdBlock+ needs TB support Reply with quote

Any chance of support for TB? Currently I have to attempt to block ads with my Hosts file. However, it is like TB gets to bypass that file. It has no effect.

I am not talking about spam. Rather the e-mail itself is fine, but contains ads.

One detail that I think is important: Use the same filters for both programs.
Zachariah

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

While your question was about Ablock+, it has the same limitations as Adblock, so this still applies:

wonkothesane wrote:
The short answer is that we'd like to, but can't.

Right now, Thunderbird, unlike Firefox and Mozilla, does not ask Adblock whether or not it should load each image it comes across.

(You might've noticed that when you right-click an image in Firefox/Mozilla, one of the menu items says "Block images from servername", while this menu item isn't present in Thunderbird. Adblock hooks into the same part of the backend as does that menuitem, so if/when you see that menuitem present in Thunderbird, it's likely that Adblock will be able to work on Thunderbird.)

The relevant bug in bugzilla is 245361. Until that bug is fixed, Adblock will not be able to work on Thunderbird.
http://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=245361

(if you Search you'll see this is an often requested feature, but is out of our hands -- you might want to ask about it in the MozillaZine Forums and ask that they add Image Blocking to Thunderbird)
Will L Pittenger

PostPosted: Thu Mar 23, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

So is the option to show images that TB has now global in nature?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: