The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Yahoo Adblock Send Mail Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dev_null

PostPosted: Wed Mar 08, 2006    Post subject: Yahoo Adblock Send Mail Problem Reply with quote

I discovered recently that if I use Adblock to remove ads on yahoo, then yahoo will not allow me to send outgoing mail. It will just hang indefinitely. However, if I change Adblock to hide ads on yahoo, the mail is sent instantly with no problem. Is there any way to have different lists of sites to hide ads and other lists to remove ads all together? If not, are there plans to add this functionality in a futurev0.5d2 build? I am currently using Mozilla 1.7.6 with Adblock v0.5 d2 Nightly * build 39 on Windows XP SP2.

Thanks in advance for all the great work,

Joe
Org

PostPosted: Thu Mar 09, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess: some of your filters are blocking scripts that are critical for the normal working of Yahoo Mail. To see if this is the case, press ctrl-shift-a and look for red/italic lines.

Solution is simple: fix your filters. If you don't know how to do that, try something like filterset G.
ecor1

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006    Post subject: Re: Yahoo Adblock Send Mail Problem Reply with quote

dev_null wrote:
I discovered recently that if I use Adblock to remove ads on yahoo, then yahoo will not allow me to send outgoing mail. It will just hang indefinitely. However, if I change Adblock to hide ads on yahoo, the mail is sent instantly with no problem. Is there any way to have different lists of sites to hide ads and other lists to remove ads all together? If not, are there plans to add this functionality in a futurev0.5d2 build? I am currently using Mozilla 1.7.6 with Adblock v0.5 d2 Nightly * build 39 on Windows XP SP2.

Thanks in advance for all the great work,

Joe

Hey just add following line as filter to yur adblock..

@@yahoo.com

All the best...
Ecor1
Ed

PostPosted: Fri Mar 10, 2006    Post subject: Re: Yahoo Adblock Send Mail Problem Reply with quote

ecor1 wrote:
Hey just add following line as filter to yur adblock..
@@yahoo.com All the best...Ecor1
Unfortunately that won't work in Adblock v0.5 d2 Nightly * build 39. You will need to upgrade your Adblock to a newer version if you want to take advantage of the whitelisting function (@@ Filters), Also you may want to upgrade your version of Mozilla to at least .12 as well.
I'd rather have a full bottle in front of me than a full frontal lobotmy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: