The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adblock 0.5.3.042 is causing Bug 269523:Memory keeps growing

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stebs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006    Post subject: Adblock 0.5.3.042 is causing Bug 269523:Memory keeps growing Reply with quote

See my Post https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=269523#c17 for details.
Unfortunately I was not able to quickly find an mail contact so I could have added it to the Bugs CC list.
Hoping that some Dev. of Adblock gets this message Wink
mcm_ham

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well you picked me correctly. I don't have too much time to work on this but will add it to the to do list. Thanks for grabbing my attention.
Stebs

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, picked you because of Adblock Plus, but as I now saw at FAQ of new Adblock Plus, you are now working on Adblock Smile
Kind of complicated family story Wink

Anyway, dont really know how serious this memory growth Bug is with Sites "in the wild", but from time to time, I (as others) see Fx taking some serious amounts of memory and this _might_ be the/one cause of it.

If the old Adblock Plus 5 is not going to be updated anymore, it would perhaps be best to let it die somehow so People change to Adblock (once updated) or the new Adblock Plus 6. Else, an Adblock Plus 5 which is there "forever", will mean some People will have this Bug "forever".

Greetings, Stebs
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: