The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adblock suddenly no longer works

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Queenie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006    Post subject: Adblock suddenly no longer works Reply with quote

For some reason, when I logged on to http://www.neopets.com today, the ads that are usually blocked are now visible. This has happened before (for some reason my ad filters kept disappearing every month or so), but to fix it all I had to do was add the filters again. However, this time the filters are still there, but they aren't removing the ads. Additionally, the 'Adblock' text in the status bar and the Adblock options on right-click are gone too. I've tried updating Firefox, and I already have the most recent version of Adblock... Any ideas, please?
mcm_ham

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does uninstalling the extension, restarting then installing the latest version work? As for the filters keep dissappearing, you may want to navigate to your profile folder and check that prefs.js does not have read-only property set.
http://www.mozilla.org/support/firefox/profile#locate
Queenie

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aha, that seems to have fixed it. Thank you very much! As to the randomly disappearing filters, prefs.js isn't read-only, no. It's quite odd :/ But the computer next to me also has the same filters on it, so it's a simple task of copying them into mine again.

Thanks for that! I guess I should have tried that first thing ^^;
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: