The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

After months of use, here's my list of features...

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Tachyon

PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005    Post subject: After months of use, here's my list of features... Reply with quote

Overall, this is a great extension, however there are a few options that are must have ASAP.

- Quick disable/enable from status bar widget intstead of digging thru the tools->extensions->etc. menus
- In the display of blockable elements pop-up, the filter that caused the block and it's line number need to be displayed to help debug bad block list entries.
- Exclusion list. ie click 'don't block on this page/site/filter' menu item
- tri mode display. ON/OFF/what-if. AdBlock ON and OFF are self-explainatory, the 'what-if' item would append a marker to each item that would be blocked if AdBlock was turned on.
- a pop-up on hover when in what-if mode displaying the filter line that would block that element, and it's line number

I know some of these are pretty involved, but I really really want to see the exclusion list and quick enable/disable options.

Tachyon

P.S. I still really like AdBlock, screw doubleclick
Benoit

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
- Quick disable/enable from status bar widget intstead of digging thru the tools->extensions->etc. menus

http://aasted.org/adblock/viewtopic.php?t=2340
Quote:
- In the display of blockable elements pop-up, the filter that caused the block and it's line number need to be displayed to help debug bad block list entries.

The window already shows which filter blocks a blocked item when clicked on.
Quote:

Adblock Plus provides white-listing.
Mugros

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005    Post subject: Re: After months of use, here's my list of features... Reply with quote

Tachyon wrote:
Overall, this is a great extension, however there are a few options that are must have ASAP.

- tri mode display. ON/OFF/what-if. AdBlock ON and OFF are self-explainatory, the 'what-if' item would append a marker to each item that would be blocked if AdBlock was turned on.
- a pop-up on hover when in what-if mode displaying the filter line that would block that element, and it's line number

I know some of these are pretty involved, but I really really want to see the exclusion list and quick enable/disable options.

Tachyon

P.S. I still really like AdBlock, screw doubleclick

- there is a keyboard shortcut to toggle Adblock.
But i would like to see a button for it also.
- in the list the blocking filter is already shown. a line number would be a nice addition, but my list is rather short because i use regex, so i have not really a need for line numbers.
But i would like to be able to directly edit the blocking filter in the list. If the filter is wrong i have to open the prefs first to edit it.
- whitelisting should be coming in future releases.
- what-if sounds interesting.
I would like to be able to replace blocked content with an image e.g., the blocking filter could be displayed as a tooltip

PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I thing this should be delivered by default with Firefox !

My suggestion ; use it with Thunderbird to block ad from RSS feeds !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: