The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Remove mistyped Filter

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005    Post subject: Remove mistyped Filter Reply with quote

Hi.

I use adblock (v0.5d2 Nightly build 39) with FF 1.04. I patched adblock by altering the version number cause otherwise it won't install since FF1.01 or so. So far there occured no errors. Wink

I added by mistake a filter "http://com" that I now cannot remove.
All my other filters end in filenames or with a /* -> these I can remove.
I can doubleclick it and alter the address -> but even after altering it to something with an /* or a filename at the end I cannot remove it.

HYCH
D
itr

PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you modify the actual extension it would most likely "void the warranty" so to speak. Try to do a clean reinstall and upgrade firefox. The latest versions work together fine.
mcm_ham

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you bumped the number in this field, then that's fine it'll only affect the installation i.e. now you don't need to be online to install any longer.

Code:
<em:maxVersion>0.10+</em:maxVersion>

Are you saying you cannot select the problem filter and hit the delete key? If so then I suggest exporting your filters to a file, type about:config into the location bar right click on the adblock.patterns preference and select "reset". Then reimport your filters, then hopefully afterwards you can delete that filter.

If not open the exported filter file in wordpad, not notepad because Adblock uses Linux style new line characters which notepad doesn't support. Delete the line which has the problem filter and save, then reimport.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: