The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Semi-official build

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Racer^

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2003    Post subject: Semi-official build Reply with quote

Just wondering if there are any plans to release a "official" build of adblock anytime soon. I've recommended adblock to a few people and they were apprehensive when they saw the only builds available were "dev" builds. Perhaps if one of the current builds could go through some "release canidate" type testing and then a full release like "0.6" (or even 1.0!) could be done.

IMO adblock has come a long way since I started using it and I think its ready for a 1.0 status. Sure it would be nice to get flash click-to-view and some of the other features in...but there will always be another feature that would be nice to get in before 1.0. You have to draw the line somewhere.
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Racer^:
Tell your friends Adblock receives near-constant refinement / improvement.
Explain that all software is technically "dev. status", insofar as unforseen issues must be addressed in future versions. This project has simply chosen to eschew formality, and maintain perpetual status as such.
Also mention the active forum for support.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: