The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Problems With Nightly 31

View previous topic :: View next topic  
NJH

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003    Post subject: Problems With Nightly 31 Reply with quote

I have a couple of problems with nightly 31.

1 - I had real problems getting it to install. I cannot remember how I succeded - The de-install did not work - told me I had to delete Adblock.jar manually, which I did. Installing 31 then halted FB when I re-started it. I had to undelete adblock.jar then I cannot remember if I just overwrote it with the new one or managed to install from there. Sorry for imprecise details.

2 - Try this URL http://www.dslreports.com/forum/kerio . Filtering /ads? produces a real mess on the right hand side. Hitting refresh clears it up. Control Refresh brings back the mess.
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJH:
The deinstall didn't fail by normal mozilla standards -- jar-files are commonly left behind. The routine does try and remove them, but usually can't. The "freeze after deinstall" is a separate issue, but one I'll be working on for the next build. I'm pretty sure it's just the routine I'm using to close-down the app.
Which nightly were you using prior to this?- the iframe-code has been consistent for over a week, and nobody's reported a redraw-issue.
NJH

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do not know which which nightly I was using, but I deleted the previous adblock.jar on 4/12, so I assume I was using the 3/12 nightly - I'm in the UK so I can only pick up your nightlies the following day. I hope you can work out which version number.

Were you able to re-produce the problem? I can now reproduce it with both a refresh and control-refresh. It happens more often than not but sometimes it works correctly.
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

NJH:
nightly32 -- another patch for iframes.
Let me know if it works.
NJH

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

rue,

Nightly 32 certainly appears to work repeatedly for my problem site, so, for me, that is problem solved.

Thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: