The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

nightly 31 only installs via jar?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JEdwardP

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003    Post subject: nightly 31 only installs via jar? Reply with quote

Even after deleting my XUL cache, the only way I could get nightly 31 working with Firebird 20031212 was to download the jar and manually put it in my profile.

the .xpi installer never delivered the jar, even though it claimed sucessful installation, and instead created an "adblock-uninstalled" file within the adblock-temp directory.
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you deinstall (from Adblock's prefs) before running the installer?- that's the only way to upgrade "automatically" right now.
I did try to land "overinstall" a while back, but the one guy who tried it had no success.
If you wouldn't mind, do this: open your app-directory, and then the file "Install log". Post all lines from the section (toward the bottom) regarding your "successful" Adblock install.
JEdwardP

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

rue wrote:
Did you deinstall (from Adblock's prefs) before running the installer?....If you wouldn't mind, do this: open your app-directory, and then the file "Install log". Post all lines from the section (toward the bottom) regarding your "successful" Adblock install.

Yes, I always uninstall the previous nightly first---at least as far as the uninstaller will let me---no matter WHICH build I've tried, I've always gotten a dialog box upon uninstall, saying it can't remove adblock.jar, and I manually delete the jar.

My install log was overwritten this morning by today's build of Firebird, so it doesn't contain any info. re: AdBlock. I'll post it for you regarding the next AdBlock nightly if the issue remains.
JEdwardP

PostPosted: Mon Dec 15, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

JEdwardP wrote:
install log was overwritten this morning by today's build of Firebird, so it doesn't contain any info. re: Adblock. I'll post it for you regarding the next Adblock nightly if the issue remains.

I had no problems whatsoever installing nightly 32 on Firebird 20031214.

Only the previously described issue of needing to always remove the previous jar by hand to complete an uninstall remains.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: