The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

CSS and Next Landmark Release

View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005    Post subject: CSS and Next Landmark Release Reply with quote

First of all, when is the next adblock landmark release? v6, I suppose? I have version 5.x and have a couple suggestions. Look at nuke anything, I like its function, but it doesn't blacklist the removed items, so they come back on refresh. Could you devs add somthing like that, that lets you remove just about anything in a page (text, etc) and have it blacklist the removed item so that it doesn't display again?

Second of all, where can I learn to use CSS to block ads on other sites than google? There are some adservers using google style text ads, but I don't know how to block them.
Ken Cooper

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005    Post subject: Re: CSS and Next Landmark Release Reply with quote

Guest wrote:
Second of all, where can I learn to use CSS to block ads on other sites than google? There are some adservers using google style text ads, but I don't know how to block them.

The basic way to block text ads is by using either the class or ID in CSS. ID's are preceded with the # symbol and classes, have a . preceding them.

Code:

#adParts, #adHead, /* FoxNews */ 
.ad, #Table_01, /* Yahoo groups mail */
#k, #ymadbn /* Yahoo */
{
     display: none !important;
}

I use the extension 'Web Developer' to quickly acquire whether or not CSS will have an impact on these text ads. This functionality is located under the 'Information' button.
Drahken

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2005    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are they google-like ads, or google ads? If they're google ads, just add *pagead* and *googlesyndication* to your block list. Googlesyndication will block all google ads on non-google pages (the ads on google pages are part of the page itself, and can only be removed with usercontent.css or a program like proxomitron). Pagead will also block google ads on non-google sites, and will also block many other text ads.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: