The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Trouble installing Adblock

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Eric

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004    Post subject: Trouble installing Adblock Reply with quote

Gentlemen Adblock is great! So great in fact I decided to un-install it and re-download it to import some of the filters you have referred to. My trouble is that after trying to download Adblock and install it I keep seeing "corrupt jar file" . Can anyone help? Question
kstahl
Support

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try downloading the XPI from the homepage. (Save Link As...)
http://adblock.mozdev.org/dev.html

Install it by dragging it onto an open browser window. Don't forget to restart Firefox afterwards.
Eric

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004    Post subject: it is not installing??!! Reply with quote

I downloaded the Adblock XPI file as indicatred above. Dragged the file to an open browser window...up pops the install box I click it to install, then re-start Firefox. No Adblock. I closed up my firewall, spybot software, and anti-virus software before the installation. What else can I do?
kstahl
Support

PostPosted: Wed Dec 22, 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should not need to disable any Firewall or Antivirus software.

You do not say which browser you are using, I assume it is Firefox 1.0. Did you get any error messages this time? Or did it just silently fail to install? What does the Extension Manager (Tools > Extensions) say about Adblock?

Try installing Adblock again. Make sure you completely close Firefox after the installation of Adblock. This includes closing the Download Manager, and any other Firefox related window.

Press ctrl+alt+del and make sure "firefox.exe" is not in the running processes list. If it is, terminate it.
Eric

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004    Post subject: Nothing seems to be working Reply with quote

So far I have gone so far as to completly un-install Firefox (shudder) and remove all of Adblock. Then I re-downloaded Firefox 1.0 and re-downloaded Adblock. Regarding Tools>Extensions no results. Yes I did make sure Firefox was completly closed down CTRL-ALT-DEL. Any ideas?
kstahl
Support

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very strange. Try creating a new profile and see if you can install Adblock into that.
Eric

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004    Post subject: YEE HAW!!!! Reply with quote

That was it!! I created a new profile and was able to download and install Adblock flawlessly! Thank you so very much!!
kstahl
Support

PostPosted: Thu Dec 23, 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad to hear it worked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: