The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adblock makes homebank site crash

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gyros

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003    Post subject: Adblock makes homebank site crash Reply with quote

Hi. I've just discovered that it is Adblock that makes it impossible for me to use my Homebank system (Danish/Scandinavian Bank Nordea - URI https://www.netbank.nordea.dk/netbank/index.jsp warning - can crash Mozilla with AdBlock).

The error is not that the start page loads as a text page (where the html code is visible) - that error is gone if you reload the page. But the login java applet will not load when Adblock is active. It does not display any errors, it just hangs. If I try to close the browser or use another page, Mozilla crashes.

If I - with Multizilla - disables AdBlock - the site works again. I have tried with both Mozilla (1.5) and FireBird (0.7) - both on Windows 2000. Both browsers behave the same way - without AdBlock the site works, with AdBlock it crashes.

I can use a different browser to my home bank, but it would be nice if it would work with my preferred browser - and with AdBlock (which I would be sad to give up).

Regards from Denmark
Jens
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jens:
Unfortunately, Adblock exposes a major bug between the java-handler and content-policy system. There is no known solution.
Here's the original thread.
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Discussion moved to prior thread.
Post replies here.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: