The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

List all blockable elements wishlist

View previous topic :: View next topic  
WLP

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003    Post subject: List all blockable elements wishlist Reply with quote

* Toolbar button and/or context menu item
* Add multiple filters without leaving the dialog.
* Ability to show filter for clicked on item that is blocked and if needed delete it. (Must also mark other matching items on the currently visible page or frameset.)
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

WLP:
1. There's a "List Adblock-able.." shortcut: ctrl+shift+a
2. Yes, multiple entries are planned. I'll try and get to that, shortly.
3. Deleting filters from the "List Adblock-able.." dialog isn't possible, because the filter-list isn't stored in a relationally-retrievable manner. -- ie. it's not possible to locate a specific filter and remove it... yet.

However, if Adblock is enabled, and something on the page is blocked, the filter that blocked it is shown in the "List.." dialog. Blocked items are listed in red.
WLP

1. A toolbar button would still be handier as my hands are mostly on the mouse while browsing. That and I never remember the more complex and less common (between programs) shortcuts.
3. Perhaps the preferences and List dialogs could be combined somehow. Blocked items are listed, but no indication is provided as to what blocked them.

New items:
* Please change the background of items in the list if a filter at the bottom would block them but is not entered yet. Or you could preview the changes in the current browser window by making the images transparent. The problem that I have is that I block images that I did not want to block on accident.
* To me site.com/*/banner/* means to block all items in any folder named banner on that site. This is regardless of where that folder is. Currently, AdBlock would just block everything from that site, which does not sound very smart.
rue
Developer

WLP:
Just to make sure you realize: you now have two threads discussing the same thing.
That's right- your example should only block the subfolder /banners. If you'll offer a specific site / filter you're having trouble with, I'll check it out.
Oh, and I was assuming you knew clicking the status-element pops "List Adblock-able.." -- 'cuz it does :P
WLP

You are mistaken. The other threads deal with temporary blocks. In that case, the incorrectly hidden images reappear if you click back and then forward.

Here I was not talking about any images in a specific Banner folder, but all items in ALL banner folders. Suppose our site has one folder for each product, A1, A2, A3, and so on. Each product folder has its own banner folder. (Some sites will do this just to make it harder to block the ads.) What filter would block all of the banner folders with the minimum filters?
rue
Developer

WLP:
1. In the "List Adblock-able.." dialog, selecting a blocked item reveals the filter that blocked it.

2. The "ad-directory" filter you gave should work as you described. Offer a site it fails for, and I'll check it out.
WLP

As with that other thread, could the regular expression usage of * be causing problems?
rue
Developer

For simplicity's sake, no more bug-reports to this thread.
Wishlist-items only.
WLP

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

It would appear that somewhere the status bar item has solved the need for the toolbar item. Thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

the advantage of a toolbar icon, as opposed to a status bar button, is that in full-screen (F11) mode, you can still bring it up without needing the keyboard shortcut.

even better would be if one could bring up the "List AdBlock-able" window from the right-click context menu, since then you wouldn't have to clutter up the toolbar with another icon (more room for the URL!)

Just my humble opinion. Keep up the great work!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: