The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

New Nightly Build Problems

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Glenn

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003    Post subject: New Nightly Build Problems Reply with quote

As part of testing something in another thread, I deinstalled Adblock last night, and today reinstalled to the latest version (v0.5 d2 Nightly * build 17). (My connection died on me last night after testing, so I couldn't reinstall then.)

Adblock still shows up in the tools menu, and I can still right-click on images and see Adblock as part of the context menu. However, it doesn't seem to be working. Flash banners show up where they should have been blocked, when I use the "List all blockable elements" function, the dialogue box shows no blockable source.

When I right click on an image and choose Adblock, the normal dialogue box for "add filter" doesn't show up. The Obj-Tabs aren't showing up next to flash banner, either.

I'm running Mozilla 1.5 (Gecko/20031007) on W2K, BTW.
jiro

PostPosted: Sun Nov 16, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try deinstalling and downloading it again - the first version of build 17 didn't work for me either (same as your description), but "build 17, pass 2" works fine.
Glenn

I tried deinstalling right after my first post. Still didn't work. Then I tried again. Nothing still.

I'm just going to keep it deinstalled for now, and wait for the next nightly.

OuickBlock still works, though.
Glenn

Fixed it. Apparently the deinstall was somehow incomplete, though I tried to remove all traces of Adblock that I could find.

After trying some older adblock.jar files to no avail, I deinstalled Adblock again, removed all Adblock related files from my profile folder, then uninstalled Mozilla.

With the reinstall, everything works again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: