The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Just make an uninstaller for 0.3 already!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Blue Eagle

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003    Post subject: Just make an uninstaller for 0.3 already! Reply with quote

I have tried all the walkthroughs on and off this forum, and still adblock stays
in my tools menu, laughing at me!
Just save all all some pain and make an uninstall program for 0.3
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this could be done. It seems wholly unnecessary, though.
Before I take this step, search your drive for "adblock.jar".
Once you've found it, you're halfway there. What browser/build are you using?
hank

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003    Post subject: Either uninstaller, or remove 0.3 from texturizer.net please Reply with quote

Adblock 0.3 is the version currently available in the page to which we new users are directed to find the latest and greatest extensions.

Is this just to eliminate the incompetent, kind of like hazing the new kids?
If so, no problem, I've worked with programmers all my life, know it's done, but if you really don't mean to make it difficult, remove the outdated version from texturizer.net and put a pointer in to the current actual link.

Right now, new readers get directed to 0.3, as of this morning.

Once one installs it, further searching brings one to the many different threads attempting to explain how to remove it.

From Windows. But I'm not using Windows.

I've broken Firebird three times in four days trying, lost all my settings a few times, and was about to format the hard drive ... maybe I'm better now that I found the instructions to delete the Phoneix folder's Profile -- destructive, probably overkill, but Firebird worked again, and I was able to reinstall AdBlock and start over successfully.

There has to be a simpler way -- with OSX -- to get a new user involved.
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

hank:
The web-admin guy at texturizer.net said he couldn't / wouldn't update Adblock's listing. I asked him to remove us, to which he didn't respond.
I've manually updated the xpi they point to -- it's now v.5. Still, the burden is on them to remain updated. Fire off an email to their web-guy, and let him know what a pleasure it's been.
Per removal, this thread might be helpful.
jiro99

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

rue wrote:

Per removal, this thread might be helpful.

rue, i followed your posted uninstall instructions precisely, and successfully removed v.0.3 BUT also removed various other extensions and installed themes as well. please work on an uninstaller! (Firebird 0.7, WinXP)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: