The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Bug: right click Adblock in status bar to disable broken

View previous topic :: View next topic  
uselessthing

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004    Post subject: Bug: right click Adblock in status bar to disable broken Reply with quote

Adblock normally allows you to right click on the word "Adblock" in the Firefox status bar. Upon upgrading to the latest Adblock version (0.5 d2 nightly * build 39), I can no longer right click on that word to enable/disable Adblock. Now I have to go through a long list of menus to get to the enable checkbox in the prefs. Can you please reenable this feaure?

Thanks!
kstahl
Support

PostPosted: Sun Sep 19, 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

The official versions of Adblock never had that feature. You can enable/disable Adblock by pressing Ctrl+Shift+B.
wow

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004    Post subject: enable/dsiable feature Reply with quote

any plans of adding this feature in official build?
it will be nice to have it handy in statubar.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004    Post subject: not official? Reply with quote

I don't quite understand that answer. I have v0.5 d2 Nightly build 37 on Windows 0.9.3, and it has always had a right-click option to disable/enable. I'm sure I installed it from the AdBlock homepage, so how is that not official? At home on Linux the right-click option is not there and it is really annoying. Sure, I can use ctrl-shift-b, but I don't really want to bother my wife with that. Nearly everything in a modern desktop is right-clickable to provide quick access to options, and enable/disable sure is a convenient one, so I don't see the problem with having that as a feature.
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Sat Oct 09, 2004    Post subject: Reply with quote

guest:
No, you downloaded nightly 37 from someone's forum-link -- it was a third-party build. To avoid confusion, the official project skipped "37" for the its nightly build numbering.
Regarding right-clicking the status-element, see here.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: