The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Statusbar text?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Aaron Spuler
QA Testing

PostPosted: Wed Nov 12, 2003    Post subject: Statusbar text? Reply with quote

This might just be a personal thing here, but the new behavior of the statusbar text "Adblock" that doesn't have a full underline, but a dashed line doesn't sit too well with me. Personally, I would like to see it without any underlining at all. Tried to look at adblock.css and putting in a text-decoration: none !important; but it didn't seem to have any effect.

0.5 d2 nightly 14

I do however like the new placement of the Adblock item in the tools menu Smile

Earlier today (around noon cst), I dloaded the nightly build, forgot to check if it was n14 or n13, but...

I went to weather.com with a blank filter list and did a flash overlay on the flash ad that popped up on the right side of the screen. The text for "Flashblock" was underlined (it's not in this most recent d14 build I just dloaded), and I clicked on it, added a filter for */marketing/* and it threw a javascript error in the javascript console... Don't see that in the most recent build so I'm guessing it was fixed or a random occurance...
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aaron:
The underline is Quickblock's visual indicator. Per this thread, multi-level Quickblock was landed and the default is "Partial" mode.
I have a 10-button trackball, so mapping shortcuts is a snap. But, since most people use the shift-click behaviour for opening background-tabs, Quickblock needed partial-mode to allow this.
Hey- when you go to news.com, are the flash-tabs and FlashOverlay working?
Org

PostPosted: Thu Nov 13, 2003    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tested news.com. To test it I had to first disable some of my filters, because with my normal filter list I didn't see a single ad there :-).

I noticed inconsistent behaviour with a flash-ad in the atdmt.com iframe: if Obj-Tabs were disabled, then FlashOverlay worked normally. But if Obj-Tabs were enabled, then FlashOverlay didn't work and the tab did not show over the flash-ad (WinXP, FB0.7, AB0.5-d2-b14).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: