The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Filter Issue ?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ubart

PostPosted: Sat Nov 11, 2006    Post subject: Filter Issue ? Reply with quote

Hello,

I am using Adblock with Firefox and I recently spent some time (I am not an expert) wondering why images of my sites did not appear in Firefox, while they were displayed in IE. Finally I discovered that Adblock wad blocking all the images of my site. I might have made a mistake inadvertantly using Adblock which I cannot remember of, but I think that it might be that, since my domain name includes "ad" in ad-linea.org, your filter is blocking it.
It tried to browse the filter, but was unable to find any trace of it.
Any idea of the origin of the issue ?
Thanks in advance.
Regs
-bu
Zachariah

PostPosted: Sun Nov 12, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

when you're on the page that has blocked images, click the "Adblock" in the lower part of the browser

anything that's blocked will show up in red

click anything in red, and it will show you the filter that blocked that (where it says "new filter")
Ubart

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006    Post subject: Well Adblock is blocking my site Reply with quote

In standard mode, Adblock is blocking my site www.ad-linea.org. This is extremelly inconvenient for me, because every visitor using FF and Adblock (same for adblock plus) will not see ANY graphic until he whitelists my site (assuming he understands Adblock is the issue).
I assume it is because my domain name is containing "ad-".
Adblock crew, please modify your marvelous software so that I am not penalized, by your somehow blunt approach of filtering.
Thanks for keeping me posted.
-bu
IceDogg

PostPosted: Tue Dec 19, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

As explained to you here, it's filters that do the blocking not the extension itself. So, you'll have to get them to change their filters to not block your site. But if it's a small site I really doubt they will.

FiltersetG
Easylist I know this one isn't blocking things on your site. I don't know about G's.

Are the two main ones. And as said in that link it was a poor domain choice because lots of other ad blocking things are going to be blocking you too. Like certain firewalls and proxy servers, and Admuncher along with others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: