The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Feature Request: AdBlock Layers

View previous topic :: View next topic  
FireFox-112

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006    Post subject: Feature Request: AdBlock Layers Reply with quote

Some pages on the internet place their ads in layers.
Adblock removes the pics in the layer, but the layer (div-tag i.e.) remains on page and gets me on my nerves Evil or Very Mad

A layer-block feature would be useful.
Freeware-User

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use Adblock Plus 0.5.11.3 for that.. the bad news are that can slow down the loading of pages. And this version is old and no more maintained by the author, but this are the best Adblock extension.. Sad

mcm, please.. don't leave the project..

Razz
Wladimir Palant

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's what element hiding in Adblock Plus 0.7 is good for, there is the EasyList Element subscription for example that deals with some major sites. And this feature doesn't slow down anything, this Adblock Plus version is new and well-maintained - so now drawbacks here Smile
WOT

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006    Post subject: mcm, please.. don't leave the project.. Reply with quote

Quote:

You can use Adblock Plus 0.5.11.3 for that.. the bad news are that can slow down the loading of pages. And this version is old and no more maintained by the author, but this are the best Adblock extension.. Sad

mcm, please.. don't leave the project..

This can be adopted by another developer maybe someone who has no life, and all the time in the world to develop and *maintain* adblock .... mcm.. and the other developers have *officially* abondoned adblock believe it or not.. all that is being developed now is excuses..

your right about adblock plus 0.5 by mcm being the *best* adblock extension.. why did mcm leave a very alive (and great) project that he could of developed on his *own* time, he left for a very dead project because the other devs hold back on progress because mcm is not authorized to publish publically for whatever reason/ the other devs not around they 're moving onto bigger and better things.. whatever.. If i were mcm i never left.. btw wladimir is doing alot for adblock users okay not adblock 0.5 plus users but users with all the problems that occured, But I cant tell if adblock plus .7 is a religion or an extension.. every topic here is about adblock plus 0.7 i developed tons of programs and never spammed about my programs that much! Laughing that would be funny if mozilla moved with opera folks and dropped firefox all of a sudden leaving one dev to develop, and fix all bugs.. which is not fun.

man.. I dont know how people can wright 8 or 10 paragraphs.. lol

well later. no offence BTW Laughing Laughing
Wladimir Palant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006    Post subject: Re: mcm, please.. don't leave the project.. Reply with quote

WOT wrote:
every topic here is about adblock plus 0.7 i developed tons of programs and never spammed about my programs that much!

Spam? I'm only answering questions where nobody can give a better answer - that's typically those directed to the Adblock developers who don't seem to read.
Zachariah

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wladimir Palant,

I haven't seen you make any inappropriate posts.

If all else fails try a really fresh install of Firefox
WOT

PostPosted: Wed Jun 14, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes S - P - A - M.
IceDogg

PostPosted: Thu Jun 15, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Zachariah wrote:
Wladimir Palant,

I haven't seen you make any inappropriate posts.

I haven't either. Maybe a definition of spam is needed here.

# Spam (electronic), unsolicited or undesired bulk electronic messages, such as:

* e-mail spam, unsolicited emails with advertisements
* spamdexing, manipulating a search engine to create the illusion of more popularity of a webpage of lesser importance
* Messaging spam - instant messenger spam
* Forum spam - Pointless topics, advertisements

Non fit in my book, which do you think fits??
Blockeroonie

PostPosted: Fri Jul 14, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Forum Spam: Unsolicited advertizing on a web forum.

Example: Responding to a feature request of Adblock with promotion of Adblock Plus.

It wouldn't be so bad, since they are usually on-topic, but talking down the dev team here (which wasn't in this thread, but multiple times in other threads) should be beneath you.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: