The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adblock should not require write access FF install path

View previous topic :: View next topic  
fractalgfx

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006    Post subject: Adblock should not require write access FF install path Reply with quote

I just installed Adblock 0.5.3.042 and extremely dissapointed that it will not operate without write accesss to the firefox installation path. This is bad idea, and it alienates many linux and unix users. To use adblock I would have to have two firefox installations on my system (a global one, which several other programs depend on) and a personal one (for adblock).

All of my other extensions happilly store all of there data into my profiles folder, I see no reason why adblock should be any different.
Wladimir Palant

PostPosted: Wed Jun 28, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adblock requiring write access to the app directory in *Firefox*? This would be new. How do you see that? What doesn't work?
mcm_ham

PostPosted: Fri Jun 30, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you install Adblock in Mozilla/Seamonkey it will require write access to the application directory because the browser does not support profile Component registration. However, Firefox should work perfectly fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: