The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Please HELP!!!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SamSS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006    Post subject: Please HELP!!! Reply with quote

My hardrive is dying (no big) got a replacement already (installed and OS installed)

before my old drive is scraped (gonna torture it like it's torturing me right now)

How can I get a backup of the ad's that I have blocked from my old drive installed on my new drive without booting up from the old drive and exporting them (because I can't do that, the drive functions for now but won't boot). I would really like to keep my old list and not have to re-do them all over again !!!

Is this possible ?
If so HOW??????
NJH

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

The filters are located in prefs.js in your profile folder. They are a single (long) line entry. You could copy that across into your new profile's prefs.js.
SamSS

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

I would have never found that without help.
Thank you so very much!!

back up a few more items and then break out the screwdrivers and let see what inside this puppy Smile
NJH

PostPosted: Sat Jun 17, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are into taking (small) risks, create a new profile on your new disc, exit Ff and make a copy of it. Then copy the whole of your old profile across and overwrite your new profile. If it works, you have everything. If not, just delete everything in your profile folder and replace it with the copy you made. I am not sure if anything in Ff (especially extensions) references absolute paths. If something does, this may not work.
SamSS

PostPosted: Sun Jun 18, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

that would have been a great idea but the old one gave up the ghost after a while, when it was spinning it started making a clicking noise (never good) then I coudn't retrive anything from it at all.
it had droped a head on the platter which by the time I saw it; it looked like somebody had put it in an old record player and tried to play it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: