The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Adblock crashes Firefox constantly at Yahoo Mail

View previous topic :: View next topic  
zegway

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006    Post subject: Adblock crashes Firefox constantly at Yahoo Mail Reply with quote

I've gone as far as to do a fresh install of Windows XP, then install Firefox 1.5, and then the only extension being the latest ADBLOCK (jan 11th). It crashes every 2 minutes on me while Im at Yahoo Mail. When I take Adblock out, Firefox NEVER crashes on me for hours. Love how Adblock works on other sites, but this is making it unusable for me. Many others have been complaining about it in forums for weeks now. What to do? Thanks !
rue
Developer

PostPosted: Fri Jan 13, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

zegway:
I disabled the ajax-intercept, by default, now. Try the new build: linked.
zegway

PostPosted: Mon Jan 16, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

THANK YOU ! It works almost perfectly. FF only crashed once on me in the last 24 hours and it wasn't during a Yahoo mail session. Thanks for all you hard work. -phil
zegway

PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmmmmmmm. Its happening again. After that last message, a few days later I let Adblock upgrade to the latest and now Im crashing like crazy at Yahoo mail again. Should I go back to the older version and not allow it to do any upgrades?

-P
NarcAngel

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also getting SICK and TIRED of these crashes. I cannot confirm however that they really come from Adblock nor can I see how the poster made that connection between the two. But, if it is Adblock which crashes Yahoo Mail all the time (on a constant basis which ever version of Adblock is installed), then you can be sure that I will delete it once and for all.
zegway

PostPosted: Sun Mar 05, 2006    Post subject: Moron !!!!!! Reply with quote

NarcAngel -- What do you mean you cant tell IF adblock IS or ISNT your problem. Just UNISTALL adblock and see if it still happens, RIGHT???
If you cant simply do that, then your problems go much deeper than just adblock.....!!

... Anyway for those still interested, in another thread there is a posted fix that I havent yet tried but heres the link, read for yourself...
http://aasted.org/adblock/viewtopic.php?p=15142#15142

http://phil.crepeau.org
Wladimir Palant

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's the wrong post, whitelisting Yahoo only alleviates the problem. Here is the direct link to the solution: http://p2.forumforfree.com/-vp4359-adblockplus.html#4359
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: