The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

AdBlock forcing flash media in iframe to be visible

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jverkoey

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2006    Post subject: AdBlock forcing flash media in iframe to be visible Reply with quote

Hi, I am currently working on a webpage where there is an embedded flash swf inside of an IFrame. The problem is that when AdBlock is enabled, it forces the IFrame outside of its set width and height and forces the swf file to be viewable.

A demo is available here:
http://thejefffiles.com/temp/test/test.htm

If you view the page with AdBlock disabled, the iframe must be scrolled down to view the flash swf. If AdBlock is enabled, however, the iframe suddenly takes up much more than the set 400x400 space and forces the swf to be viewable.

The main problem with this is layout issues. When AdBlock is enabled it seriously destroys layout on a page where layout must strictly be followed. The biggest problem is visible here:
http://gdguys.thejefffiles.com/new/roidian.html

As you can see, it severely disrupts the layout of the page.

By the way, I'm not looking for a big debate over coding style with HTML as to whether I should use iframes or divs, this is a bug with AdBlock regardless and it should be fixed as soon as possible.

Thanks, and keep up the good work!
Org

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are 2 solutions:

1) you change your page formatting

2) Adblock users disable object tabs from Adblock preferences

Personnally I keep object tabs always disabled and block objects like Flash using the combination:

Ctrl-Shift-F, left-click, create filter, Ctrl-Shift-F, Ctrl-R
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: