The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

implicitWrap.wnd has no properties (component.js)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
DrBob

PostPosted: Sun Mar 19, 2006    Post subject: implicitWrap.wnd has no properties (component.js) Reply with quote

The latest version of Adblock (0.5.3.042) has been giving me this error every so often. It is quite annoying, since when I'm developing my website locally, I can accrue hundreds of these (identical) errors in the JS console, which makes it quite hard to find errors from my own code.

implicitWrap.wnd has no properties - component.js (line 387)

The function causing the error, from component.js:

Code:
// lends implicit-wrapping, for:  node + window + document
function wrapToImplicit(requestingNode, implicitWrap, contentType) {
   var requestingNodeUnwrapped = requestingNode;
   var forceWrap = (contentType==apiConstants.OBJECT);
   try { requestingNode = adblockWrap(requestingNode, forceWrap, 'defaultView','top','contentWindow','ownerDocument'); }catch(e) { /*throw(e);*/ }

if (requestingNode instanceof Components.interfaces.nsIDOMWindow) var domWnd = requestingNode;
   else domWnd = requestingNode.defaultView || (requestingNode.localName=="browser"?requestingNode.contentWindow:null) || (requestingNode.ownerDocument ? requestingNode.ownerDocument.defaultView : null);

if (!lastWindow||lastWindow.closed) lastWindow = windowMediator.getMostRecentWindow("navigator:browser");

var newEvent = lastWindow.document.createEvent('MouseEvents');
   newEvent.initMouseEvent('abCatchNode', true,true, domWnd, 1, 0,0,0,0, false,false,false,false, 1, requestingNodeUnwrapped);
   implicitWrap.wnd =  newEvent.view;   
   newEvent.initMouseEvent('abCatchNode', true,true, null, 1, 0,0,0,0, false,false,false,false, 1, {});
         newEvent = lastWindow.document.createEvent('MutationEvents');
         newEvent.initMutationEvent('abCatchNode2', true,true, implicitWrap.wnd.top.document, "a","b","c",1);
         implicitWrap.doc = newEvent.relatedNode;   // ..we'll skip the re-init/re-create, and jump to next
         //newEvent.initMutationEvent('abCatchNode2', true,true, {}, "a","b","c",1);
               //newEvent = lastWindow.document.createEvent('MutationEvents');
               newEvent.initMutationEvent('abCatchNode3', true,true, requestingNodeUnwrapped, "a","b","c",1);
               implicitWrap.requestingNode = newEvent.relatedNode; 
               newEvent.initMutationEvent('abCatchNode3', true,true, {}, "a","b","c",1);

if (!implicitWrap.doc._Adblock) implicitWrap.doc._Adblock={};
}
mcm_ham

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are a web developer then the Error Console extension is invaluable:
http://forums.mozillazine.org/viewtopic.php?t=318102

You can hide any chrome errors (generated from the browser or extensions) and only show content errors (generated from the web page). There are also options to hide duplicate error messages so that only one occurance is displayed instead of hundreds.
DrBob

PostPosted: Tue Mar 21, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm aware of that, and it's what I've been using, but it's hardly a proper fix. All the code needs is an if statement in the right place checking implicitWrap.wnd's validity.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: