The Adblock Project Forum Index The Adblock Project
Pull up a seat ...stay a while.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

DeIstallation failed

View previous topic :: View next topic  
jfx

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006    Post subject: DeIstallation failed Reply with quote

DeIstallation failed and I was asked to pass on the details to you. I'm a total newbie and am hoping this method of informing you is OK!!
Details are: I'm using Firefox 1.5.0.1 and error code is 10011.
So how do I uninstall adblock now?
I was having problems with it. IE Not working properly, so I thought I would uninstall and re-install it.
Zachariah

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Follow these re-install instructions.
mark_alfred

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2006    Post subject: deinstallation Reply with quote

Likewise, adblock was not working properly for me; so, I tried to deinstall it, and received the following message:
Quote:
Deinstallation failed.

Please post this error-code, along with the browser-name, build date, and any other information you think might be relevant, to:

adblock.mozdev.org/forum.html/no_wrap

I use Mozilla 1.7.8 on Debian Sarge. Adblock currently reads, "Pending", and it indicates that it "failed to load". During installation, it stated that it installed fine (apparently not).

.... somewhat later ....

Okay, I figured it out. I did not have the java runtime engine installed, which I just got now from http://plugindoc.mozdev.org/linux.html#Java. So, I did manage to deinstall it after I installed the java runtime environment. I'm going to try reinstalling it now to see if it works.
BillLee

PostPosted: Tue Mar 14, 2006    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's another one.

------------------------
Deinstallation failed.

etc.
-------------------------

Running
Firefox 1.5.01
Fedora Core 2
adblock v0.5 d2 Nightly * build 39

This error message was preceded by an alert stating that XUL.mfasl could not be deleted and that it would have to be deleted manually.

Would really like to deinstall and reinstall. Seems that the upgrade to Firefox 1.5 broke the adblock somehow. It still seems to be working, but clicking on the status line link brings up only a blank window.

Regards,

Bill Lee
Zachariah

If you're getting that error you'll need to follow these re-install instructions.

In the future, don't use the "deinstall" function in Adblock with Firefox -- that function is for Seamonkey.

Instead use Firefox's built-in "Uninstall" function:

If all else fails try a really fresh install of Firefox
BillLee

Thanks, that did the trick. I uninstalled using the Firefox tools/extensions and then downloaded and installed a fresh version of Adblock. All seems to be once again a-ok.

Now: why is there a deinstall in the Adblock preferences if it's not supposed to be used? Yes, you say it's for Seamonkey, but that must be "tribal wisdom" since it sure doesn't indicate that anywhere when using Firefox. Oh well, one more thing to throw on some poor developer's plate... Confused

Thanks again....

Regards,

Bill Lee
Post new topic   Reply to topic    The Adblock Project Forum Index -> Main All times are GMT + 1 Hour
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: